- While still a relatively new media, the internet has gone through a series of changes (visual and technical) in the past couple decades. As a class, we will look at internet fossils (websites that have stayed intact for 10+ years) and discuss what makes these things extinct, and if they’re still relevant in any capacity today.
- What is your first memory of the internet? Write a short narrative (one to two paragraphs) that describes your first memory of interacting with the internet, this will root your project.
- Based on your narrative and your research, pick an elemrnt (can be an interaction, a theme, a component) from an earlier iteration of the internet and create a website embracing it. The iteration of the internet can be as recent as a trend from a couple years ago to as early as the start of the dot com era. While your project will be about a nostalgic component or story, your website should re-interpret it and present it in a way that makes sense in 2017. Among other things, this means that the website should be responsive and work on a variety of different screen sizes.
- The written response should be contained somewhere on your website. It can be either part of the main content, or housed in a separate colophon page.
- Must be responsive work on a variety of screen sizes.
Final due April 18